Thursday, November 5, 2015

Glampstitchaswap

Finished with a week to spare.  
Bonnie Bucket Bag
What a relief to have been assigned a secret partner for the bag swap at Glamp Stitchalot that has similar likes. 

Instead of two fabrics I used five and had so much fun with the fussy placement. Pat Bravo designs such treasures it feels less invasive cutting them up this was. 
Fussy Details are Fun
The pattern one by Swoon called Bonnie Bucket bag. I was tempted to give it structure with soft and stable but opted to stay with the Pelion 101 with a peltex bottom. 
Welted Zipper pocket success
Having gained confidence from conquering the recessed zipper in my 3-in-1 Betsy bag made tackling the my first double welted zipper a breeze.  Although I pulled fabric from stash the interfacing required 2.5 yards so a trip to my LQS was necessary.  
Initial Fabric Pull
Usually I'd jump at an excuse to ogle bolts on a shelf but let me remind you of the shift in shoppers at craft stores and thrift shops weeks before Halloween.
Fob and Mermaid
At checkout I spotted a small mermaid that color coordinated and couldn't resist.  The fabric for the strap was screaming to become a key fob. 
Pencil Case 
My sister had sent me a book on krafttex so a pencil holder to mark the occasion was a must. 
Personalized 
We were instructed to keep "extras" to a minimum (thankfully - I find them stressful like stocking stuffers).  Three projects for Finish It Up Friday in one post may be a record.

I'm excited and nervous that it is rapidly approaching.  Hanging out with my sister, seeing Quilty friends in real life and meeting new ones - what a great plan for my birthday. 

Just like QuiltCon it's the anticipation of the unknown and the fear the weekend will come and go in a blink. 

I've link up my finish to PursePalooza with Sew Sweetness.  Sara is so sweet to host this hop with countless bag reviews and the Sewcial Challenge on IG is also a favorite.  She picked my scrappy quilt and sent me this amazing prize!

Prize Recieved 
I shared my bag at the last guild meeting and my friend Sharon- who has affectionately earned the nickname Bag Lady was telling me about a bag of the month club she is part of.  No surprise that Sara one of the designers.  When it comes time to sew these patterns I'm definitely bending Sharon's ear.

More Bag News

The Retreat Committee made swag bags this year that are a bit bigger than the pouches of years past and I love it.  During our group sewing session I volunteered to pair and press fabric so I don't actually know how to make one.

2 comments:

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!