Saturday, October 17, 2015

Much Ado - to do

Scraps.  Oh how I do love my scraps.  That part is easy.  Leaving negative space alone, well let's just say I am working on it.  Earlier this month,  I was fortunate to have attended a workshop led by our very own Tina ( little blue cottage), the talented founder of our local MQG chapter.  

center four blocks
This is my center of the Much Ado About Nothing quilt.  Those little bits are not in the pattern although Tina teaches it as an approach or guideline subject to personal twists so in that sense it's not breaking any "rules".

scraps and scraps
When I got home, I kept at it.  The quilt is for a wedding in January and I wanted it to be a Couple-size Throw rather than a bed quilt.  With that in mind, I opted to reshape the parts into rectangles rather than leave them as squares.

workshop to work at home
Sixteen large blocks and I will be done.  It will be very different from Tina's (check it out here) Overall, I believe the minimalistic design of the quilt will still be felt despite my kitchen sink attack.  We will see. 

Linking up to Scraptastic Tuesday for October with Leanne at She Can Quilt. 

I'm honored to have had my x-plus quilt post chosen by Sara Lawson's Scrappy Quilt category on IG for the #SewcialChallenge.  The projects are so much fun to check out and I've found a lot of new people to follow.  She's currently doing a Purse Palooza on her blog that is a wonderful resource, reviews, tips and a linky party too.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh I totally agree--negative space--mine is so negative, it's not there at all hahaha. All my projects are busy busy....I have troubles leaving a plain space alone...I like your blocks a lot--wow--a couple size quilt is a big quilt....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a modern quilt with not-so-modern fabrics! It is a beauty & will be so loved by the bride & groom.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!