Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Travel Handmade WIP Wednesday and more


Mixing up Favorite Fabrics
Sewing my stash counts even when it's my precious bits and relatively recent acquisition.  I used pinking shears to be safe.  Deciding what to put where was fun.  The pocket size needed adjusting to avoid the horse loosing his feet and fortunately the giraffe ducked his head exactly right once sewn in.  The number of hours this simple bag has taken is laughable. I could have made an entire quilt top!  

Taylor Made Bag
  And yet I'm pretty pleased and proud of myself for installing a functioning zipper and nearly completing a travel handmade for Quiltcon in time. WIP Wednesday link up at Freshly Pieced and claiming this as my February ALYOF goal too.

Houston Quilt Festival
I got to use the amazing handcrafted fabric picked up from the Turtle Hand booth for the pocket trim and lining along with some Houston Mqg Festival meet-up winnings  "Grace" too.

IG for February

Keeping My On Track
Have you seen the #soakphotochallenge IG feed this month? I enjoyed last time and found some new friends to follow so as of day 3 I'm playing along.

An Official Finish


I made this block for Tina and am calling it a finish- yeah!  Can't wait to see them all together because as I've mentioned on more than one occasion - collaboration rocks. 

More Winning - Who, Me?

Bundle is in the mail 
Guess who won again ?  Me. Yup. A lovely bundle of Belle Suede by P&B thanks to Quilters Newsletter and the Tradition with A Twist blog hop.
My Very Own Copy
Here's hoping that a bit of luck spreads your direction.

2 comments:

  1. I am really hopeful I'll be able to make a bag in time for QuiltCon. *fingers crossed* I suppose I should y'know, start by picking a bag design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fabrics! This bag is worth spending time on. Enjoy QuiltCon!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!