Friday, May 23, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Scrappy!

Giant X-Plus 

Made with blocks from my lovely bees, F+F2 and MoStash, I added the jumbo 24" size blocks (tutorial here). This was the flagship quilt at my very own show at our LQS in December/January and is now on MY bed - and such eye candy.   I just love to look at all the scraps. 
So large, it wouldn't fit very well on my backyard fence so poor thing had to drag in the dirt a bit (and even got stepped on by my dogs -oops!)
Fussy cutting and choosing what fabric would be in the jumbo blocks was especially fun.  
96"x96" FMQ although challenging was quite the accomplishment on my home machine.  Although it's not something I'd recommend or do again!

Showing off my Giant X-Plus at the local Guild Quilt Show
The back features my favorite fabrics used and the bonus triangles from the front tie it all together.

This quilt to me is the definition of scrappy so I'm linking up to Scrappy category of Blogger's Quilt Festival 2014 at Amy's Creative Side. Check it out and remember to vote for your favorite.  

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing! Love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just voted for yours, Karen. Such an achievement to quilt this on your own machine and it is the very definition of scrappy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my faves! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool - love the mix of sizes! Gives it that extra oomph!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous quilt! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a great quilt. I am in the midst of making and x plus block quilt. I like the idea of adding larger ones. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this so much! Yours has inspired me to make one using all my coveted AMH voile's and four different sizes of blocks, all paper pieced!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Your quilt is most beautiful! Wonderful pattern and gorgeus colours! My favourite! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this quilt Karen. It is a definite winner in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous quilt and I am blown away that you quilted a quilt of this size on a home machine. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, I keep coming back to your blog to look at this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure like this quilt! What a great addition the jumbo blocks are! Scrappy fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!