Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fresh Sewing Day: August

The month of August has come to an end which means it time for Lily's Quilts link up to Fresh Sewing Day.  Still haven't figured out how include a link to each project so here's the flickr link that has it. 
August Progress

Daily Delights

I'm having so much fun with the daily Quilt Con Challenge Block postings. Seeing all of the amazing talent out there and exploring the links to the MQGs from all over is great and having my block featured today with the Organic grouping is such an honor. Here are the other two I made.

Super jealous - but happy for those you are able to attend. Maybe next year that list will include me. No pity party please... with Sewing Summit  in October and our Quilt Retreat in November, I've got plenty to look forward to in the near future.   

Anniversary Time Approaches

Usually, getting a bill is a bad thing. But when my 1 yr reminder to renew my flickr pro account popped up I was kind of excited.  It marks the first anniversary of having genuinely discovered Modern Quilting and Sewing's Social Media: swaps, QALs, BOMs & bees and knowing that I was in it to stay.

September is also a month of celebration for SBAMQG and we'll be having our first ever show at SueDee's.

Hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend. Plans are to walk down to the village and see the Begonia Festival floats like in the old days when the kids were in strollers.

7 comments:

  1. you've had a good August! Some lovely things :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like August was a busy month! I love how colourful all your work is :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Quilt Con blocks!! I'd rather Sewing Summit anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw your block featured today on the quilt con block roundup!! Congratulations!! :D It's a gorgeous block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An impressive number of finishes - and that OIB is WOW. A really rich and beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!