Saturday, June 2, 2012

May Sewing + an overflow of inspiration

Linking up to Lily's Quilts
It's a Fresh Sewing Day. What were you up to in May?

A Whole lot of Eye Candy

I'll admit that I spent as much time browsing blogs, new and old this month.  Between all the eye candy of Market and Blogger's Quilt Festival more than the usual hours behind a computer instead of a machine was to be had.

Bubbles, a viewers choice has that transparency thing going on I love so much as well as the circular quilting much like Adrianne's Kona challenge.  Heather Joy's Retro Modern Quilt was a treat to discover considering I don't typically lean towards Applique. I'll be keeping an eye out on these blogs.

No surprise that Jenny's Urban Nine Patch won for professional quilting with her mind blowing talent and Marianne's Colour Shot was chosen in the piecing category.  I follow these two blogs daily and never cease to be amazed.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! And yes, the festival was plum full of lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, sometimes i spend way too much time looking at all the yummy pictures and blogs that I don't spend enough time sewing! Your work is very pretty, looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!