Thursday, April 5, 2012

Blogland is the Best

Life is full of surprises - in a good way.

I now have 31 followers and 16 posts under my belt. Can you believe it? I'm so thrilled with the growing number of people that have stopped by.   It's kind of silly just how much I like getting comments.

Less than three weeks ago I got it in my head to just jump in and make one. If I was really attending Sewing Summit as planned, it was high time to see what blogging was all about from the other end.

I hit the New Blog button on my dashboard not even knowing what was next to come and I'm so glad I did. Here I thought I'd be talking to myself, and there you are listening, thanks.
You're too kind Beth, I'm blushing
Now for icing on the cake, one of my flickr friends Beth at Smazoochie honored me with the Liebster Blog Award.  I've seen the award given and know what it is, but it didn't occur to me that I'd be chosen - especially in the infancy of my blog while I'm stumbling around trying to get my footing.  Beth is so sweet and always making flattering, supportive comments on flickr of my swap/QAL pictures so I shouldn't be too surprised - it's her nature to be so thoughtful.  I'm touched. 

Here's the scoop:
“The origins of the Liebster Blog Award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it means favourite or dearest to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.”

Here's the rules:
1. Thank my Liebster Blog Award presenters.
2. Link back to my presenters' blogs.
3. Copy & paste the blog award on my blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to five blogs with 200 or fewer followers that I feel deserve to be noticed and post links to their blogs on my blog.
5. Let the recipients know they have been given the Liebster Blog Award by posting a comment on their blog.  next on my list of to do.

Be sure to visit them and let me know what you think.
Drum roll, the envelope please... in no particular order, my nominees are:

Deb at Trio Stitch Studio: One look at Deb's buddy icon and it's obvious why she made the list. She is just so perky and witty, how could you not smile while reading her bog and looking at the cheery quilts she creates. I'm tickled pink that we get to meet in person at Sewing Summit.

Linda at Surrounded By Scraps: There is something so inspiring and liberating to me about Linda's approach to quilting and I am especially drawn to the richness in the color pallet that she often uses.  I've pushed my creative envelope because of her influence. Even my blog subtitle Second-hand scraps has a familiar ring to it.

Sarah at SoSarahSews: Quilters are notoriously generous and this gal takes it up a notch, above and beyond.  I've had the pleasure of contributing blocks for the treasured quilts she makes foster children Quilting for Kids and I really appreciate the opportunity, it feels great and she makes it so easy. Her own quilts are awesome and her baking make me drool.

Jenn at Sunny in CAL: The thing about Jenn is that she's a mind reader. Or at least she can read mine because every time she posts a new project it's exactly the one that I've had in my head to make. She's literally taking my wish list of patterns and creating them one by one. It's gettin' kind of freaky! Although I'd never dream of hand stitching a queen for my bed - that'd be more of a nightmare to me.

Anne, Gillian & Jane at Play Crafts... design.create.share: I didn't see how many followers they have on the blog and hope I'm not breaking any rules by choosing them but I'm going to anyway!  Check them out, you'll be inspired - I know I am.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating us!! :D We have under 200 followers, I'm fairly sure. ;) Wordpress doesn't make it as easy to count followers though.

    I'll do a writeup and find more people to nominate in the next couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Karen, you make me blush! Thanks for the oh-so-cool award! Was this a hint that I need to post something on my blog? I'm notorious for not posting regularly at all. I'll poke around and pass on the award within the next couple of days. Thanks again, chica!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your new blog - it's a good thing! Thanks for following me too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How generous! As with so many things I've been over thinking this and how I'll be passing on this wonderful compliment, but do know that it is much appreciated (and reciprocated)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Karen! I was able to give some love back. http://www.sunnyincal.com/2012/04/so-flattered.html

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!