Saturday, August 29, 2015

An Emotional (QDAD) Week

Emotions



On occasion,  QDAD (Quilt Design A Day) will have a challenge week.   Today wraps up Emotions. 

I'm especially fond of these four: 

Surprise/Aqua: "Unexpected", When unplanned things fall into place. 

Fear/Red: "Closed"  The fear for others, the fear of the uncontrollable, the fear that the fear is not real and the fear that it is.

Joy/Blue: "From Within" enough said. 

Disgust/Yellow: "Pushed Too Far" Good things that you are invested in that drift in a bad direction 

I hope that members will continue to add designs because I like seeing them and reading the message behind the design.  

Message and Meaning

For the month of September,   the mission for BeeSewcial is sort of of related.  Check out Hillary's post at Entropy Always Wins and #inspiredbybeesewcial on IG.   There are a few ideas in my head and the black and white palette will be a refreshing change.    

I am anxious to see if I can pull off combining a couple of construction techniques that are newish to me.  QDAD has helped me to edit and lean towards modern minimalism but it does not come naturally.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!