Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Mini Category



Choosing which quilts to link up for Blogger's Quilt Festival is something I take seriously.  Sure it's fun to show and tell and maybe have visitors you might not otherwise have - but I like to look back and feel there was something special or pivotal about the particular project.


Discovering the quilting community of Instagram happened overnight because of this little mini.  I had created a private account when I got my first iPhone since I could but didn't give it much thought or attention.  I had burned out on Flickr swaps and bees and I had put myself on a strict no-swapping time out.  Until - IGmini Swap came along.  

Since stalking and sneak peaks are a big part of what makes participating so much fun I changed my IG privacy to a public.  Sometimes I'm guilty of overgramming and sometimes I'm clueless who's who and what's what but I'm having a great time, thanks to this little mini. 



The matchstick quilting with a variety of thread colors was a first as well.  Kind of scary trying it out but loved the result.  Linking up to the Mini Category 




Be sure to check out all of this years Blogger's Quilt Festival categories and cast your vote with this link.  


My Previous Blogger's Quilt Festival Entries: 

Fall 2014
Look Who's Walking - Small Quilt

Spring 2014
Giant X-Plus  - Scrappy
Rip Tide - ROYGBIV

Fall 2013
Tassels - Group/Bee

Fall 2012
Old Italian Block - Scrap/ROYGBIV/Bed

Spring 2012
Catalyst (aka Mod Mosaic) - my first time to participate 

6 comments:

  1. It's a very cute little quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, I especially love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great mini, and I think the matchstick quilting is what really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and cheery mini! The matchstick quilting really fits the pattern of flying geese!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!