Monday, May 4, 2015

Bee Sewcial - May plans and a goal


Revised Clustered Draft
Remember all those after-the-fact QuiltCon pins exchanged that made so many people happy? Marci was the generous organizer of that swap and May is her month to be queen of Bee Social. Now I get to make something special for her.
First Draft
She has set out to build a bright and happy abstract village with structured improv blocks.  Part of the challenge is to propose a plan with the expectation that we are free to deviate from it. 
My first thought when I read the charge was to use one of my QDAD designs since travel photos are a fairly common member spark.  Here's one from a few days ago inspired by a photo from Michelle Wilke taken of a coastal town in Lisbon, Portugal. 

My QDAD design from 2/4/2015 has the palette and feel of a town to me even though it was actually a photo of Julliette's folded fabric stash stacked on a shelf.  I may use one or both for my other block(s). 

You might recall that I've got my first "QDAD to life" in the works as one of four Q2 FAL items. It's the WIP I'm choosing for the ALYoF May goal setting party.   
Slow (and I mean slow) progress was made this last weekend during a fun (and funny) sew day with my friend who is collaborating with me on the secret gift.  
We're basically constructing it in the most confusing and difficult manner possible and enjoying our detoured journey by laughing at ourselves about that very fact.

4 comments:

  1. You are so creative! Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cool - and I love your Bee Sewcial plans too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love the first one! Does not look like it would be to hard to construct?! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the Bee Sewcial plans, and your quilt is going to be great.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!