Tuesday, October 30, 2012

WIP - Retreat Countdown

It is WIP Wednesday and the final countdown to our SBAMQG Modern Quilt Retreat. Friday is SO close I can feel it.  I'll be able to include some of the super secret projects next week.
Catching up on my Bee Blocks. I was finally able to finish the six X+ for Emily, F+F=AMSB October and just in time. 
 I like them all but this one is my favorite.

 
November will be Stars in a wonderful colorway for Nico.

I'll be taking my 4x5 QCR project with me to the Retreat along with some EPP for Travelling PicStitch Blog Hop.

Here are the photo choices I'm considering 1) Aerial over Utah 2) Chacala Mexico sunset 3) Waimea Canyon Kauai 4) Altavista Petroglyph Mexico
I used Play Craft Palette Builder  - check it out and create your own. Be sure to add it to their flickr group too- it's fun to see everyone's version. I'm hoping more people will join and do that.

The Baby Quilt on the horizon has changed course.  Originally I was going to use the adorable Laurie Wisbrun fabric I've been hoarding but then I was inspired by the bundle I won from Emily at Sewing Summit seen here in my SS: Blast and a Blur post. My plan is to make something using a mix of Shore Thing and Going Coastal maybe similar to her Bannerama pattern  - but with a twist.  Our friend's baby is due in November which I realize is practically now!

Linking up to WIP with Lee at Freshly Pieced. check out Lee's eye candy and all the great linky projects.

Finished:1
 six F+F=AMSB x+ blocks
Progress:3
More MQG Retreat Goodies
Post Summit Swap
4x5 Curve it Up Churndash blocks
New Projects: 2
Travelling PicStitch EPP
(revised rather than new) Baby Quilt
No Progress:
Everything Else
Happy Quilting, Karen


5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about the retreat, it's ridiculous!! I think I'm only going to bring 6 projects. Not because I think I'll work on them, but because it gives me a choice of what I feel like doing once I'm there. :D

    Those x & + blocks are so awesome! Love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your x and + blocks!! Really need to make more of those! Have fun on your retreat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour scheme for your x and + blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!