Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Craft Book Link Up at Craft Bud

September has been a really fun month of Blog Hopping Craft Books at Craft Bud.  So to get my fix, I've Linked Up.  A project made any time in 2012 qualifies - so yeah! This little clutch I made from the book titled: Bags--The Modern Classics: Clutches, Hobos, Satchels & More by author Sue Kim 
Bird Flower Detail
The pattern was well written although I do confess having sewn this with my friend who is an experienced seamstress and walked me through much of it - especially the zipper!

I only modified a couple of things: 1) the pleat in the middle comes out rather than tucked in to better highlight the fussy placed fabric print 2) I tacked around the bird to hold down the flower rather than use a button because that would have covered him up. 
Clutch back and lining
Overall, my version resembles the original very closely. You can see a pinned photo of the one from the book on my board here.
Craft Book Month at Craft Buds
It's Wednesday - but read on you'll see why I have nothing new this week for WIP (be sure to check it out anyway)

 Rotary Mishap

A routine sewing session took a wrong turn last week. I'll never really know exactly how I managed to have my rotary jump the curb and sliced off a chunk of my left index finger, but it did.  A bit of a wake up call reminder of how accidents happen even when doing the same thing you've done thousands of times - so be careful!

You won't find any pictures of my injury- I hate those on blogs - so instead I'll share a favorite of our dogs from a 4 day stay at my mom's.  We called it a field trip or mini-vaca, something they don't ever do so it was a big deal.
Dottie and Chase at G'mas
She has coo coo clocks throughout the house, a deck full of wind chimes and tons of whirligigs around the yard but the biggest attraction was the gopher hole. Helping themselves to the apples and pears was also a big hit.
Charms ready to mail
 Although I do procrastinate and certainly did not count on being out of commission - unable to sew and barely able to type... these little swap charms are the only task I had to ask for help on and my sister jumped right in. Now I just have to get them to the post office by deadline.

Happy (safe) quilting everyone!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet little purse! I love that book but am embarrassed to confess I've never made any of the projects yet... oh, and sewing injuries are the w-o-r-s-t. Hope you can get back on the horse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your finger. I love your little pouch. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!