Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WIP: Quick Block donation

Amanda at Crazy Mom Quilts posted a tutorial link for a quick and easy donation block to send to Margaret's Hope Chest.  Or, check out the generosity and streamlined step by step tutorial at Peach Patch Quilts. The deadline for donation blocks is right around the corner, July 31st but if you can squeak a few minutes out of your day dip into your scraps and make few to send like I am.
Four Monochromatic Charity Blocks
It's fun to imagine a room full of quilters assembling these on a weekend in August - so inspiring and delightful.  The monochromatic ragged square is so simple with promising results that I'm making a mental note of the pattern for my next charity quilt.

Linking up to WIP - Lee is taking a well deserved break this summer and was sweet enough to arrange guest bloggers.

No -or little - progress this week:

Not your Granny's Bee (pulled fabric and posted pictures)
MQG/Quiltcon Block Challenge (pulled fabric, contemplated design)
Basketweave Star for F+F=AMSB (printed paper foundation)
Wedding Quilt - Old Italian block (chose the pattern)
Oak Tree Improv quilt (bought backing on sale)
AMH patchwork prism (two steps backwards, took down from the design wall)

Not the most productive week - how did you do?

3 comments:

  1. Very fun little block! You've got quite the list going too, don't you? Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a slow week also. Managed to take photos of my QuiltCon blocks and worked a little on other projects. I blame it on all the sunshine! Hope to see you soon Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blocks. It's such a great cause; I think I'm also going to send some blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!