Friday, June 22, 2012

Finish-a-Long and Block-a-Thon

Second Quarter FAL is coming to a close and it looks like I will have 4 out of 6 projects finished. Here are the six I set for my goal: 1)Asterisk Quilt, 2)Cat & the Hat, 3)Tassels Quilt, 4)Curio Quick Curve, 5)Teal We Meet Again, 6) Zakka in Echino.  Tassel blocks are still coming my way from the gals at F+F=AMSB so it'll come together when I have all of my parts and I decided that Curio wasn't quite right for the QAL and missed the boat on choosing another line.

I've been keeping an eye on the flickr group and am impressed with everyones completions. Although... when I see a picture that I like it just makes me want to start that project which is kind of counterproductive.

Block-a-Thon

Have you read about the Free Spirit Fabric Christmas in July Block-a-Thon? I'm taking a break this summer from the 3x6, 4x5, NuBee swaps so I may be able to fit it in.   The blog line up has many of the usual suspects but also some names I don't recognize and it's always fun to discover who's out there.  Ever since Block-a-Palooza introduced me to flickr groups and blogs I have a soft spot for this sort of thing.

Silly Chase

While browsing my computer the other day I came across this picture of our dog Chase. I'm not sure it captures just how silly he is but wanted to share it anyway.  We adopted him from the shelter and he's the sweetest thing ever.  The very first time he backed himself up onto the couch to "sit" next to us - literally, like a human would - we just about lost it laughing and couldn't believe our eyes. I wish I had a picture of him in full position but he's super camera shy and as you can see gets down the minute I try.   He also stand on his two hind legs to pick black berries that hang over the fence from the neighbors yard- I really need to get that one on video.

2 comments:

  1. I have 1 more FAL project I'd like to finish but not sure I'll make it! ;-/ But LOVE your dog story - how awesome & crazy is he?!? fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your dog thinks he IS human. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!