Thursday, April 12, 2012

Quilt National 11

Since I list photography as one of my interests, I thought I'd share a few pictures that I've taken for a glimpse of what catches my eye.
Often I see fabric designs or quilt patterns in nature and hope to translate inspiration into projects more often -not necessarily in a literal way like my Hanalei Pier mini but with more of an impressionistic influence.  
 
 
Art Quilts are on my mind lately, especially after a recent field trip with several ladies from SBAMQG last Friday to see....

Quilt National 11

.....the 17th biennial juried exhibition at the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles featuring 46 amazing works.  There is a two part video on their website which is pretty awesome because it is narrated with information about the artists and  their quilts.  Although I would say that the textures, details and feelings they provoke could not be captured in the same way as seeing them in person, it's worth checking out if you aren't able to attend before the show leaves on the 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!